Running a contest or sweepstake is a straight way to optimize visitor’s interaction with your blog and to make that happen, you need to take help of few third-party plugins.
Have you ever imagine that contest can also be conducted on your blog? Well, nowadays there are many bloggers are already using this approach and why not you?
However, if you are wondering about the benefit of running a contest, it would be fair to say that there is a lot of it. Along with making your blog more popular and optimizing your email subscriber’s list, you will be present with more followers, more attention, and an optimized reach.
Are you now convinced? If yes, then you want to start a contest on your blog. But how to do that? Actually, running a contest can’t be done only by publishing a post like this
‘Hey, fellows here is a contest for you. Come and join the contest…’
These things don’t work like this. To make most out of it, you need to set up few of the ground rules. You need first to set a time limit, promote the event and finally, choose the winners in a correct way.
I know this sounds lots of work. However, you can make these things very easy, with using a dedicated WordPress plugin.
Today, I’m sharing a collection of the best WordPress contest plugins which you can use and apply a properly working contest module throughout the blog or site. With these some excellent free plugins you can create contests, sweepstakes, and even giveaways. So let’s get started!
Best WordPress Contests Plugins to Optimize Your Blog’s Readership
#1. Wishpond Social Contests
Wishpond Social Contests is a free WordPress plugin with premium packages available for the Wishpond contests platform. This plugin is an all-in-one solution for running contests, sweepstakes, and promotions along with wider marketing services.
There is a 14 days trial available. It comes with a lot of readymade templates for the sweepstakes and contest. It is possible to change the templates or build your own templates. You can promote the campaigns on your Twitter and Facebook pages. Using Wishpond Social Contests Pro plugin, you will have specially developed entry pages for mobile devices. This plugin is e-commerce compatible plugin which is available in 35 languages.
Wishpond doesn’t redesign the wheel with their offering. However, they do provide some interesting extra tools like split-testing, and in-depth analytics of contest variations too. Its premium packages offer some really impressive features; here I have listed few of them.
#Feature of Wishponds Social Contests
- Contestants can use social media sharing buttons to optimize their “votes.”
- Select single or multiple winners.
- For your competitions with various templates, it provides drag & drop page builder.
- It sent email and notifies for the new leads.
- Wishpond can send email reminders to contestants, but you need to enable this option.
- You can run custom competitions like sweepstakes, Instagram has contests, photo contests, caption competitions, essay battles, and more.
- Provides fully responsive layout.
#2. Pick Giveaway Winner
Pick Giveaway Winner enabled you to build a giveaway option on any of the WordPress post and help you to choose a random winner randomly from those who comment. It is a no-frills, primary way of running an easy and quick contest to get started with.
This is a very easy-to-use plugin and very simple. Once you have installed and activated it on your WordPress site, a new sub-menu titled ‘Pick Giveaway Winner’ will create under the ‘Tools’ tab. If you want to use this plugin you need to visit Tools → Pick Giveaway Winner. On that page, you will find one drop-down list of all the posts of your WordPress blog. Here, choose the post from which you want to select the winner.
#Features of Pick Giveaway Winner
- This plugin uses MySQL RAND() function; this function helps to pick the winners.
- It automatically rejects contestants who have entered more than once or merge their entries.
- With it, you can even permit multiple entries
- It identifies participants through their emails
- Indicates a specific amount of possible winners
- It uses the “Pick winners!” function. This function helps you end the contest when you are ready.
Gleam is the neatest solutions for webmaster and bloggers to run a contest on their site. However, this solution doesn’t come with the plugin and everything required to be done from Glean interface. Its features make this solution most obvious choice for running a giveaway on your site.
#Feature of Gleam
- It provides you the freedom to run your contest on your terms
- It automatically validate successful entries
- It is built in a modular way that allows you just to drag & drop any of their supported actions into your campaign in seconds.
- They currently support actions from few of the social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and few more.
- It provides advanced fraud detection
- Every participant gets a unique viral link to share with their friends
- With it, you can connect & use your Bit.ly account with viral sharing links
- Let your users know when they have entered plus drive higher conversion rates with smart messaging.
- Randomly pick winners then show off who won inside the widget
- Provide users on mobile devices the best possible experience
ContestFriend WordPress plugin for Contest is more socially designed and themed around the opportunity for contestants to optimize their chances of winning through sharing contests with their friends. This plugin provides a very simple way to include intuitive contests or sweepstakes on your blog.
It provides tinyMCE editor of the contest description field that allows primary HTML tags. This is why you can easily include few markup to your text to concentrate on the most important points. You can also include a separate disclaimer link.
This plugin offers options to set contest timeframe at the outset, and controls for keeping tabs on how the contest is performing regarding a number of participants throughout.
#Features of ContestFriend
- It has sharing features for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+. You can even manually change a number of entries rewarded to participants for each their shares.
- Leverage a substantial range of customization options for contests: custom media, unique headlines, and multiple layout options are entirely supported.
- Use the email verification function to ensure the identity of contestants.
- Email subscribers lists can be exported to Excel sheet.
- A number of potential winners can be described in advanced.
- Fully responsive design.
#5. WordPress InviteBox
WordPress InviteBox does only one thing, but it does it very well that is drive referrals. To use this plugin, you will need an InviteBox account, which is available for free trial.
Referral programs are powerful for gaining more users and customers for your blog. Dropbox enjoyed a 60% optimize in their signup after introducing referral programs with rewards.
By using this plugin, you can offer many rewards including instant reward offer, referral contest, goal-based rewards, sweepstakes, giveaways, etc. This plugin allows you to set custom rules for your contests.
For the giveaway and sweepstakes, this plugin will automatically monitor the individual’s activities and offer entries according to the pre-fixed parameters.
So this is a list of few contest plugins which are compatible with WordPress. If you have any other, then don’t forget to share that here with me.
Ask here, and I will get back to it very soon.