Images are an integral part of articles that appear in a blog. They brighten up the posts and help to attract more readers. But we’ve got used to seeing shoddy stock images of people dressed in suits shaking each other’s hands. Plenty of these stock photos are shabby and cost money! But now a large number of websites are providing attractive stock photographs – and they’re for free!
Aesthetic beauty is what good images are all about. Simply put, they have to look real good! In today’s high technology world, you can get images of any dimension that you desire, be it rectangular or square of vertical or round – or any other shape.
The theme of images for all digital uses are varied and numerous. Some of the more common ones involve people and are shot in studios where models pose for the pics. They express a wide range of gesticulations and emotions. Images related to nature and travel are another common theme. Photographers use the highest quality cameras so that their products are looked upon with awe.
The best thing is that a large number of images can be gotten for free. In this post we’ll see some of the main websites from where you can download free images.
16 Exciting Sites for Stock Photos
1) Flickr: You don’t have to pay any royalty for some of the images from this website which has a huge database; you have to pay for a few. To download, you must go to the common creative category and search for images you need. You’ll get the appropriate images – a large variety of them — of various sizes. Download the ones you feel will go with your write-up. After you’ve downloaded the images of your liking, link back to the images’ source, and don’t forget to provide attribution.
2) Pexels: All images in Pexels fall under the Creative Commons Zero (CCO) licence, which means you are able to use the downloaded pictures for commercial purposes too. It boasts 1500 new high-quality photos and a stock of more than 10,000.
3) Stocksnap: Like Pexels you get top quality images here for free – under the CCO licence. All images are royalty free for commercial and personal use, all without asking permission! At StockSnap.io, you’ll find a wide range of very attractive high-res images and stock photos. StockSnap.io provides a useful search feature which makes it simple to go through the thousands of images on the site. Additionally, it tracks downloads and views and that enables you to discover the most popular images available. Hundreds of pics are added every week on this site.
4) Gratisography: This site is different in that you can download images and use them for professional and personal reasons without giving the pics credits! The picture quality is excellent.
5) FreeRangeStock: Before downloading from this site you have to register – for free –on their website. If you are a lensman, you can even upload the pictures and earn cash using the Adsense revenue sharing plan.
6) Pixabay: For stunning stock images, ones that pack both emotion and color, bookmark Pixabay. It has a broad range of images coming from around the world, which are free – including commercial uses. Besides, there’s no need for attribution.
7) Morgue File: This website is one of the finest image sites where you can search for pictures category-wise which makes your task that much easier. It has easy navigation and a clean landing page. You can also crop the photo to suit your blog post.
8) Photogen: This convenient site offers images in different categories like cultures, business, nature, animals etc. Photogen has a large free stock photo gallery and the images are of top quality. The site is regularly updated with new images and users can download high resolution stock photos of different genres.
9) FreeDigitalPhotos: With FreeDigitalPhotos, you’ll get more than free royalty pictures. You download Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop and Educational projects and more, for personal as well as commercial uses. You also get greeting cards here but they’re not for commercial purposes.
10) Unsplash: Some claim that this collection of high-res free pictures is one of the best sources of stock images. Indeed, you’ll notice that a few theme authors use these pics in their templates and Bootstrap themes. Ten new pictures are released by Unsplash every 10-day period under the CC domain.
11) Superfamous Studios: Superfamous Studios is a Los Angeles studio of Dutch designer Folkert Gorter. You can make use of the works for your any purpose, including commercial, so long as you provide credits to the images. It has a large and varied collection that includes biological, aerial, geological and more.
12) Negative Space: Negative Space allows you to get 20 new pics weekly, released under the CC. The images can be arranged by copy space category and color. Users are permitted to copy the images and make variations to it. One doesn’t need to have permission to modify the images or give credit to the site before using them.
13) Picjumbo: Picjumbo’s fully free can be used for personal and photos commercial works. New images are added every day from a huge variety of sections that include fashion, abstract, nature, technology etc.
14) IM Free: A categorised assembly of free resources — for commercial purposes. The site offers free but only quality images, icons and templates. Some pics may need attribution, but still IM Free is a curated collection of free web design resources.
15) Jay Mantri: One can check out seven new photos on the site. These high quality pics are released on every Thursday under the CC0 license. The site posts a few truly great photos on a wide variety of themes. By looking at the pics, users get a sneak peak at several adventures that are explored by the photographer.
16) New Old Stock: Looking for old, vintage photographs, which evoke nostalgia? Come to this site and get photos from public archives without any copyright restrictions. The New Old Stock is a perfect place for recapturing history and lot more from the past lives.
There are even more free image sites, apart from the ones listed above. You have to keep on searching for them so that your content is the best in a fiercely competitive field.